Founded by Helga Meersmans and Ine Verhaert in 2018, Kaai bags is a growing start-up from Belgium. During their 25 years of experience in the retail and fashion sector, they could not find an ideal work bag that is both functional and stylish, so they decided to design it themselves and have it produced in a specialized luxury atelier abroad.
Kaai is more than just a luxury bag brand, it’s a lifestyle, a movement that unites ambitious people across the globe. As the Kaai community and number of customers is growing fast in North America we want to structure our services and setup a local “hub” which will be the start for a future KAAI Us organization.
It is our ambition to replicate the successful startup of KAAI in Belgium in the US, while considering the specific characteristics of the US market.
For this, we are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious person, who likes challenges and to explore new environments and markets. With a real entrepreneurial spirit, she/he will initiate all necessary activities to set up business and brand activations and increase customer service.
Pop-ups, trunk shows, participation at manifestations and collabs will be the tools to give the opportunity to discover our bags real live and to become part of the KAAI community. Gradually, the wholesale channel will also be involved to achieve an omnichannel model.
You will work completely independently and organize your own working schedule in order to deliver the required marketing and sales targets.
It is our commitment to assist you and transfer all knowledge (on our products, ecommerce, marketing and customer service) and tools you need to be able to succeed this challenge.
- Responsible for the growth in B2C sales in a multi-channel approach by social media, networking with business clubs and co-working spaces, organizing trunk shows, pop-ups and developing the wholesale channel (focus on department stores)
- In partnership with the sales and marketing team define monthly priorities and establish a comprehensive plan which includes local campaigns, newsletters, brand activations,
- Coordinate and create local content adapted for the US market to be used on all communication channels.
- Responsible to build an excellent customer service for USA B2C customers: follow up mails, chats, returns, exchanges and set up a local repair system for handbags.
- Develop partnerships with influencers, business clubs, magazines (affiliate), business organizations and companies.
- Responsible to build and engage with the US Kaai community.
- As a Sales /Business Development Representative you will act as a Kaai ambassador and report directly to the 2 founders
- 1 to 2 years of proven track record of success in sales/business development in a target-driven environment.
- Sales experience in the Luxury Market (fashion, hospitality, jewelry, etc.) B2C and B2B.
- Prior experience using digital tools: Shopify, chat box, email marketing and social media platforms: Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
- You are passionate about client experience and always striving for improvement. In whatever you do, you put the Kaai customers and their experience with the brand as a top priority.
- You have a commercial mindset, with proven record of successfully pursuing business objectives.
- You are passionate about fashion and luxury.
- You have experience working independently.
- Proven ability to self-motivate.
Ine Verhaert & Helga Meersmans
Founders Kaai nv.